Problems with Line breaks under Windows

Brian Galbraith brian.galbraith@bigfoot.com
Sun Feb 11 00:30:05 2001

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 03:37:30PM +0100, Timo Schulz allegedly said:

> When you open a W32 message with a Linux editor, the '\r\n' combination
> will be shown as ^M.

Thanks for all the replies....I may be stupid...but I am still confused :-( I understand the differences in line breaks...but I do not understand what I am seeing. All messages I receive from windows mailers are displayed correctly. All messages I receive from Windows mailers and signed by GnuPG are displayed correctly. All messages I receive from Windows clients, and encrypted by GnuPG display the ^M at the end of each line. Ok I can convert them to Unix text files using extra software. ...but why does there have to be a difference? PGP messages from windows display OK. Is there a work-around? Regards Brian -- Brian Galbraith [ Mutt 1.3.14i]| GnuPG 1.0.4d | SuSE Linux 7.0 ] Encrypted Mail Preferred NEW KEY from 7thJan 2001 http://seattle.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x98A102F3 Hushmail Secure Webmail: bgalbraith@cyber-rights.net