Wierd signing and encryption output

David Stultz ds932@bard.edu
Tue Mar 6 05:42:01 2001

When I sign or encrypt a message, with myself or anyone else as the
recipient, I dont get a normal output.  I get very strange characters that
cannot be decrypted or verified.

I cannot copy and paste the output into this email (pine over telnet), so
I have posted it at http://redmist.ackers.net/gpg.txt. GPG does not
prompt me for my password when I attempt to encrypt an email.  I am using
GPG 1.0.4 on Red Hat, kernel 2.2.12-20smp.  These are the commands as I
issue them:

[redmist@hermes gpg]$ gpg -r redmist -e plain.txt
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
File `plain.txt.gpg' exists. Overwrite (y/N)? y
gpg: this cipher algorithm is depreciated; please use a more standard one!

[redmist@hermes gpg]$ gpg -r redmist --sign plain.txt
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "redmist <ds932@bard.edu>"
1024-bit DSA key, ID 86E07DD5, created 2001-02-27

File `plain.txt.gpg' exists. Overwrite (y/N)? y

Thanks in advance,
Dave