How to set wrap for textmode

Alexander Skwar ASkwar@DigitalProjects.com
Sun May 6 21:52:02 2001

So sprach Nick Andriash am Sat, May 05, 2001 at 04:40:55PM -0700:

> I'm not sure if I explained myself properly. When you draft a message and
> send it, it has to be wrapped, does it not? That wrapping in most cases
> (TB!'s WYSIWYG Editor uses hard returns so there is no behind the scenes
> editing) takes place *after* the message is sent, and again in most cases,
> after it has also been signed. Result? Failed signatures.
Dunno how The Bat! does it, but if I were to write a mail client which supports GnuPG, I'd save the message and invoke GnuPG with the saved message. The result of this (the signed saved message) I'd put in the body of the mail, add apropriate headers (ie. Content-Type: multipart/signed) and mail all this. This way no tampering would be done - neither be GnuPG nor by the MUA.
> No, but if GPG is going to sign the message before it's wrapped, then the
Then it should be signed after it's wrapped.
Hmm, dunno how it's in the Windows world - I'd assume that hitting the send button causes the message to be signed and send. Alexander Skwar --=20 How to quote: http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english) Homepage: http://www.digitalprojects.com | http://www.iso-top.de iso-top.de - Die g=FCnstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen Uptime: 2 days 2 hours 58 minutes