Decrypt files with the embedded filenames

ritter, horst (EDS CH) horst.ritter-eds@eds.com
Fri Nov 2 12:10:02 2001

Dear Linux comunity,

I have tried to decrypt files using the embedded file name with the option
'use-embedded-filename' (without using the parameter '--output filename')
with following syntax:

gpg --use-embedded-filename -d Filename.pgp
After typing my passphrase it writes the file to stdout, my terminal. Not my
intention. :-(

gpg --output --use-embedded-filename -d Filename.pgp
After typing my passphrase it writes the file on disk with the filename
'use-embedded-filename'. Also not my intention. The used version of GnuPG is
1.0.2 running on Linux 2.4.6.

It works with commandline PGP under Windows as intended. I can not believe,
that this behavior is not supported under Linux. I guess it is a fault by
the user (after all, me :-)).

I would be greatful for any hints, or any ideas, which may lead to a
solution. Please CC: all replies.

Should you have any questions, or require further information, please do not
hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Horst Ritter