[FYI][Linux/Kernel] Schlechte Entropie-Schaetzung bei /dev/random

Huels, Ralf SCORE Ralf.Huels@schufa.de
Mon Oct 15 14:08:01 2001

Florian Weimer reports on RUS-CERT that there might be a problem with
random number generation using /dev/random on Linux systems:

http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/ticker/article.php?mid=500

Don't follow this link if you don't read german. Florian, is there an
english version available? I'm afraid I don't feel secure enough in my
understanding of the problem to translate the report.

Anyone care to comment on the practical relevance to Linux/GnuPG users?
GnuPG key creation is listed as one application that might be affected.
What about users (like myself) who use PGP-created keys with GnuPG?

Tschuess,
Ralf