accented characters in real name in generating key

René Clerc rene@clerc.nl
Tue Sep 18 11:56:01 2001

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 11:36:51AM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:

Please keep on CC'ing to me ;)

| Most keyservers are not really aware of OpenPGP and use the old PGP 2
| way where the character encoding is not specified.
[...]
| GnuPG should display it correctly if you did set charset to the one
| used on your box (probably iso-8859-1).
My problem is not the displaying on my own box (that's ok), but the displaying in the directory of the keyserver. Let's put it in another way: I'm "afraid" people won't find my key, because of the René Clerc thingie. Or should I assume that all other persons software download my key automatically according to my fingerprint? I don't if the keyservers are used "manually" as well. To be short, I can assume that my name is correctly encoded in my key, but the problems lies only with the keyservers?

;) -- René Clerc - (rene@clerc.nl) The brilliant person who invented peanut butter can't be all that great. -Baird's Rumination