Mutt and old-style encrypted and signed messages

David K. Trudgett dkt@registriesltd.com.au
Tue Sep 25 05:22:01 2001

Hi!

Many of you who use Mutt will no doubt be aware that it takes the
OpenPGP/MIME route to message encryption. Fine. I have no problem with
that, since that is the way it should be. But how do I configure Mutt
so that it will also automatically invoke GnuPG to decrypt/verify
old-style messages received? At the present time, if I receive such a
message, I have to save the message to a file and manually run "gpg"
to be able to read the contents.

A related question is: if I know my recipient requires the old-style
format, how do I tell Mutt to encrypt using the old-style and not use
multi-part MIME?

Thanks.

David Trudgett