Solution (was: Re: gpg --list-key shows keys twice)

Gregor Zattler texmex@uni.de
Wed Apr 3 13:56:05 2002

Hi Greg et al.
* Greg Norris <haphazard@kc.rr.com> [Sam 30 Mär 2002 22:58:21 GMT]:
> Your public keyring is being checked twice.  Edit ~/.gnupg/options, and
> remove the "keyring" entry for ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg.  Current versions
> of gpg use the default keyring file automagically, while older ones
> required that it be specified explicitely... that's been my experience
> on Debian, anyway.

You are right my options file contained this lines:

   keyring gnupg-ring:~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
   secret-keyring gnupg-ring:~/.gnupg/secring.gpg
   keyring ~/.pgp/pubring.pgp
   secret-keyring ~/.pgp/secring.pgp

without the "gnupg-ring:" lines all works fine.

thanks a bundle.

> On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 01:53:28AM +0100, Gregor Zattler wrote:
> > Hi gnupg-users,
> >
> > gpg --list-key shows pubkeys in pubring.gpg twice,
> > whereas pubkeys from "included" pubring.pgp are single in the
> > listing (see below).                    ^^^
[...]

Ciao, Gregor
--
Kommunikation benoetigt gemeinsame     /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Standards --> unformatierter Text      \ /    Respect for open standards