A FAQ question

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Wed Aug 28 14:22:02 2002

--=-Q4YPR/m+YXC0s42MdtKF

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 19:16, Amish K. Munshi wrote:
[...]
=20
> 6.1) Why do I get "gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!"
>=20
> On many systems this program should be installed as setuid(root).=20

This says it all, really. Unfortunately it's not particularly helpful if
you don't know how to do this. I suggest adding something like the
following to the FAQ:

On many Unix systems, this can be done with the 'chmod u+s' command.

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
secure email with gpg                        http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

NOTICE: keyserver.kjsl.com is known to carry a valid copy of my key

--=-Q4YPR/m+YXC0s42MdtKF

Signature policy: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/policy/email.20020822

--=-Q4YPR/m+YXC0s42MdtKF--