Getting a key from a keyserver..

Mark Brown broonie@sirena.org.uk
Wed Feb 20 10:20:01 2002

--OBd5C1Lgu00Gd/Tn

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 09:23:24AM +0100, S=F8ren Hansen wrote:

> keyserver. Well then.. How? As far as I can see, to get a key from a
> keyserver, I need the recipients key ID. How do I get my hands on that
> one? When I go to keyserver.net, I can search for an e-mail address. Why

The key ID is embedded in the signature - even if it doesn't have the
key GnuPG can tell you which key it needs.  Indeed, if you specify a
keyserver in the configuration file (with "keyserver") and don't set
no-auto-key-retrieve GnuPG can fetch the key automatically.

--=20

--OBd5C1Lgu00Gd/Tn

--OBd5C1Lgu00Gd/Tn--