installing as suid root

Nick Wilson nick@explodingnet.com
Sat Jan 5 17:11:01 2002

--QTprm0S8XgL7H0Dt

Hi all
I'm having a little trouble with the concept of suid root of setuid.
I've seen the FAQ and the HOWTO on the gnupg pages and there is
certainly talk of 'running gpg as suid root' to avoid 'insecure memory'
warnings but no mention of HOW to do this?

I've just re-installed gpg as root but I'm still getting the warnings. I
know this is my understanding rather than a bug but that knowledge
doesn't help.

Can someone please explain what and how I should be doing this?

Much oblidged :)
--=20

Nick Wilson

Tel:	+45 3325 0688