installing as suid root

'Nick Wilson' nick@explodingnet.com
Mon Jan 7 17:28:02 2002

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

* Steve Butler <sbutler@fchn.com> [020107 17:21]:
> Log in as root.
> cd to the directory where the program file lives.
> chown root:bin file_name
> chmod 4775 file_name  (that will do only the suid and not both suid and
> guid)
>=20

Yes, thankyou. I've had a few replies of that nature but as I've
unfurtunately lost the threads I can't remember whether it was someone
from here or mutt-users that eventually sussed it.

It turned out that I had two versions for gpg installed in two different
directories and I was busy chmod'ing and cursing at the wrong one!

Thank you to the guy that spotted it if you read this :)

Nick Wilson

Tel:	+45 3325 0688
Fax:	+45 3325 0677
Web:	www.explodingnet.com