using --status-fd

Sven-S. Porst ssssp@gmx.net
Sat Jan 19 18:27:02 2002

Hi,

I am currently trying to write a small program that uses gpg. To do this,
I set the --status-fd option to receive easy-to-use status information
which is very handy.

The only thing that still evades me is how I can tell when gpg has
finished asking questions (say for passphrases or whether I want to use
unsinged keys) and when I can begin to write the actual message that is
to be encrypted or signed. There doesn't seem to be a message sent by gpg
for this - so how can I tell?

Cheers

            Sven

--
Sven-S. Porst . PGP: 0x0085ABA3 . http://homepage.mac.com/ssp
  We're sorry, the phone number you have dialled is imaginary.