Gnupg-users digest, Vol 1 #770 - 10 msgs

Rafi Avital Rafi Avital" <ravital@netbox.com
Sun Jul 21 15:54:01 2002

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 06:25:49 +0200, gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org wrote:

>Subject: Decryption Automation Question
>To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
>From: Carrisa.Baptiste@prgx.com
>Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:03:57 -0400
>
>How do I use gnupg in an automated environment. I'm having problems with
>the password parameter. Please respond if you have any suggestions. I'm
>trying to create a batch file that I can call from a VB application.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Carrisa Baptiste
>PRG-Schultz
>Programmer Analyst
>770-779-6579

Carissa,

If you want to be able to use GPG.EXE and pass parameters to it from a VB application, take a look at a windows DLL that has
been created specifically for that purpose.  It is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/cryptotw/  and you want to download
the "Cryptotw.dll."  In it, there is a readme file that will show you how to make the declarations to the dll (all in the zip archive).
This DLL does not have a .tlb file, so you have to make the declarations in VB.  This is the final release candidate (v 0.9.7.2) and
the release should happen very soon.

It has been tested with GPG version 1.0.6-2, and will be tested with upcoming versions as soon as their windows versions are
certified and available.

Hope this helps

Rafi Avital