gpgme_get_op_info about imports

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Jul 29 18:30:01 2002

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 17:04:21 +0200, Tiago Antao said:

> that I want to get more info (namely I want to get the keyID of the
> key), but get_op_info returns a NULL. My 2 questions are:
> 1. Shouldn't get_op_info always return something after a successful import?

No.

> 2. Is there another way to know a keyid from a public key block?

We are working on it.

> Also it seems that when I do an import gpgme (and only one import)
> creates 2 entries, like this:

> /home/tiago/atest/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
> ------------------------------------
> pub  1024D/C7BC94FD 2002-07-23 dbupdate test <xxx@ripe.net>
> sub  1024g/96EEAD0E 2002-07-23

> pub  1024D/C7BC94FD 2002-07-23 dbupdate test <xxx@ripe.net>
> sub  1024g/96EEAD0E 2002-07-23

Ooops - there is a problem.  GnuPG 1.0.7?

> PS - also gpg 1.0.4 is not able to read a keyring generated by gpgme
> (with 1.0.7), I suppose this is normal, but I am just informing in the

This is due to a bug in the packet parsing code for internal packets.
17 creates such an internal packet but older versions can't parse it; I
once posted a patch for this (it might also be available on the ftp
server).

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner