Passphrase and swapfile (David Pic?n ?lvarez)

markus_kampkoetter markus_kampkoetter@t-online.de
Thu Jun 6 18:13:01 2002

Peter T. Abplanalp schrieb:
> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 02:46:35PM -0700, David Pic?n ?lvarez wrote:
>
> > I just got interested because I read of forensic software which can extract
> > information from swapfile, tnd they say it's quite powerful. I suppose it's
> > more of a theoretical danger, though, since I'm not a public enemy yet :-)
>
> yet?  what are your plans?  :-)

after 11th of september foreign students that paid their broadcasting fee
(everybody who has a radio or tv-set SHOULD do so, but many people do not - its
cheaper ;-) were suspicious to the local police because of this uncommon
behavior. the moment david subscribed to a list that discusses encryption
probably was the moment he became a potential public enemy.

 --
> Peter Abplanalp
>
> Email:   pta@psaconsultants.com
> PGP:     pgp.mit.edu