weird WARNING messages with 1.0.7

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed Jun 12 14:17:01 2002

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 23:51:51 +0300, Jussi Ekholm said:

> Heya. I'm using GnuPG 1.0.7 (seems to act quite a bit differently than
> 1.0.6 - at least 'gpg --list-keys' is MUCH slower and so on...) and I
> get this message everytime I run it:

You did read the NEWS file, right?  In short, do a
gpg --rebuild-keydb-caches

> [11:48pm] ekhowl@erpland:~$ gpg --version
> gpg: WARNING: --honor-http-proxy is a deprecated option.
> gpg: please use "--keyserver-options honor-http-proxy" instead

Can we make this message any clearer?  You should edit your
~/.gnupg/options and replace the line "honor-http-proxy" by a line
"keyserver-options honor-http-proxy".  Note that the leading dashes
are not used in the options file.

> It comes with '--list-keys' and with many, many option -- haven't
> checked them all yet, tho. :-) Is this supposed to be, or what should I
> do? I tried to look for GnuPG configuration file, too, but for no avail;

What about "man gpg" ?

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner