automatically downloading public keys no longer works.

Ralph Angenendt ralph@strg-alt-entf.org
Thu Jun 13 12:32:01 2002

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

Graham wrote:
> On Thursday 13 June 2002 8:24 am, Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. wrote:
>=20
> > I am using mutt 1.4i w/ gnupg 1.0.7. Previously I could automatically
> > download the public key of the author of the mail if it was not
> > already in my public ring. I am unable to do this since upgrading to
> > gnupg 1.0.7.
> [snipped]
>=20
> On the face of it, you are doing nothing wrong.  Please advise which=20
> keyserver you are calling upon.

Same issue here:

gpg 1.07
mutt 1.4
keyserver ldap://pgp.surfnet.nl

Requesting the key manually *does* work, so the key is on this server, but
the automatic download with mutt fails. tcpdump does not show any packages
going to or from pgp.surfnet.nl.

Even setting 'set pgp_getkeys_command=3D"gpg --recv-key %r"' in gpg.rc does=
n't
work.=20

I neither changed my .muttrc nor my .gnupg/options file.

Ralph

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE--