Compatibility problem ??

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Mar 12 22:16:01 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:01:50 -0800, Steve Butler said:

> You're message almost sounds like you sent them a public key that can only
> sign but not encrypt.  However, that might be an artifact of the above issue

Another reason for this might be that the key has been retrieved from
a keyserver and the keyserver removed the (encryption) subkeys due to
a bug.  I get quite often mails that it is not possible to send me an
encrypted mail due to a missing encryption subkey.  When the sender
retrieves the key by other means (e.g. X-Request-PGP: mail header) it
does work.

  Werner