fatal corruption with PGPKeys and GPG keyrings

Trevor Smith Trevor Smith" <trevor@haligonian.com
Fri Mar 15 17:34:01 2002

I have PGP 7.0.3 for Win2k and have PGPKeys.

I also have PGP command line 6.5.8 for Win2k.

I have GnuPG 1.0.6 for Win2k and generally use it to generate new
keys, etc. but I have some legacy keys from PGP.

I have been trying to use the same keyrings for all three programs.

Everything interoperates pretty well, EXCEPT, if I use PGPKeys to
remove signatures from a key in my keyring, GnuPG immediately reports
this the next time I try to use the keyring:

C:\GnuPG>gpg --list-keys
gpg: read_keyblock: read error: invalid packet
gpg: enum_keyblocks(read) failed: invalid keyring

PGP (command line and PGPKeys) both continue to read and work with
the keyrings perfectly. The only way I have found to do *anything*
with the keyrings at this point is to copy my GnuPG backups over the
PGP-"corrupted" versions.

I have not tested whether similar operations with PGP command line
would cause the corruption.

Does GnuPG not support what I'm trying to do (remove signatures)? Is
this a bug with PGPKeys or PGP for Windows? Is this a bug with GnuPG?
Has anyone ever seen this (sorry, no search function for this mail
list that I can find)? Can anyone reproduce this?

--
 Trevor Smith
 trevor@haligonian.com