fatal corruption with PGPKeys and GPG keyrings

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri Mar 15 18:08:02 2002

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:30:52 -0400, Trevor Smith said:

> C:\GnuPG>gpg --list-keys
> gpg: read_keyblock: read error: invalid packet
> gpg: enum_keyblocks(read) failed: invalid keyring

Please run

  gpg --list-packets yourkeyring.pkr

It should bail out at the same packet but you get a listing of all
packets and by comparing it to a listing of an uncorrupted keyring you
should be able to figure out.  It might also be worth to use the
option "--debug 1"

> Does GnuPG not support what I'm trying to do (remove signatures)? Is

It does.  However sharing the keyring won't anymore work with
forthcoming GnuPH versions.

  Werner