1.0.6d, 1.1.x and big keyrings

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Wed Mar 20 00:14:01 2002

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 06:01:47PM -0500, Douglas Calvert wrote:
> Hello,
>  Are there any reasons why I would not want to run 1.0.6d? My pubring
> file has gotten quite large but I like having a lot of keys on disk. It
> seems that gpg slows down quite a bit doing trust calculations with this
> large keyring. If I remember correctly 1.0.7 is scheduled to be quicker
> on trust calculations. Does 6d have the same speedups?

GnuPG 1.0.6d is (or rather, will be) 1.0.7, it just needs some more
work and testing.

Several people (including me) are running 1.0.6d quite happily.
Still, it is a development version.  There is a reason it prints a
warning on startup: "NOTE: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT VERSION!  It is only
intended for test purposes and should NOT be used in a production
environment or with production keys!"

If you do choose to give 1.0.6d a try, be sure to report any problems
back to gnupg-devel so they can be fixed.

> And finalyy what are the 1.1.x versions in the devel directory? Are
> there any great new features being worked on in 1.1?

The 1.1.x versions in the devel directory are actually older in terms
of code than 1.0.7. :)

David