how to revoke a key?

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Mon Mar 25 17:10:01 2002

He may have to export it to a file with --armour.  Then take the file to a
clipboard.  Run up to the keyserver on the web and manually paste it as a
new key.  That's what I ended up doing when I had to use a revoke
certificate.  Thanks to David for sharing that hint with me a few weeks
back.

-----Original Message-----
From: Micha Holzmann [mailto:holzmann@mhnet.de]
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 7:06 AM
To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: how to revoke a key?

Hello,

a friend has lost his passphrase. He created a revocation ceritificate,
but do not know how to revoke it at the key servers.

I told him first he should import the revocation certifikate into his
keyring and afterwards he should export his key and send this export
to the key-server.

First he sent me his exported key. I was able to import it and saw that
it is revoked. But the transfer to the keyserver fails.

I tried to find information with google, but nowhere was an exact example.
So i am not really sure if my insctrucions where ok.

gpg was started as following:

gpg --send-keys --keyserver wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net revoked-key.asc

kind regards,
Micha Holzmann

--
Es gibt nichts gutes ausser man tut es...