Announcing a tool to restore original filename automatically

uwe puchta u_p@lycos.de
Tue Mar 26 22:58:01 2002

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0305811017179726_ID

One of the things I've allways missed in gnuPG was the ability to restore=
 the original=20
filename automatically when decrypting. gnuPG just cuts off the '.gpg' ex=
tension. If I=20
want to stealth the original file name or even only the file extension of=
 the original file=20
name, I'm more or less lost. e.g. if I want to hide the file "secrets-abo=
ut-the-
government.doc" in a file "xy.gpg", I (or the receipient) just gets "xy" =
after decryption.

So I've written a small program in Perl which should be operable both on =
Unix and=20
Windows.=20
http://www.puchta.com/gpgdecrypt/

Comments, feed back and criticism are welcome

greetings
 u_p
ONT>250 Farb-Visitenkarten <A HREF=3D"http://www.vistaprint.de/vp/splash/=
lycosde.asp">GRATIS*</a>.  In einem Wert von EUR 99,00!<BR>Jetzt eigene <=
A HREF=3D"http://lycos.de.domainnames.com/default.asp?caller=3Dlycos_d_fo=
oter">Domains</a> f=FCr 1,23 Euro/Monat
<BR></SPAN><P>

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0305811017179726_ID--