Adding photos

Gordon Worley redbird@rbisland.cx
Sun May 12 20:44:01 2002

With the new photo options in 1.0.7, people on the Mac GPG list have
been having fun with checking out my photo and the photos on other
keys.  This inspired me to try to update my photo.  Things have not gone
well.

My current photo is a meager 2471 bytes.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to
add such a small photo any longer since GPG is requiring a JPEG.  When I
added my photo it was in PICT format (a relative of TIFF IIRC) and I'm
guessing PGP did some compression to get the 2 kB photo.  With GPG,
still trying to add a 120x144 photo, I can't get one any smaller than
about 13 kB because it has to be JPEG.  Is there any particular reason
that this file has to be JPEG or is that really just a suggestion?  GPG
seems to handle my current photo just fine and is able to display it.

Thanks for any information on this.

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose