Decryption Automation

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Mon May 13 16:54:02 2002

This is a portion of the script I use to automate receiving encrypted files
from our ftp server.

  homedir=$(default gpg_home)

  rm -f "$3" 2>&1 1> /dev/null
  default gpg_pass$1 \
  | gpg --homedir $homedir --passphrase-fd 0 --no-tty --skip-verify \
        --output "$3" --decrypt "$2"

NOTE:  default gpg_home -- returns '/etc/gnupg'
       default gpg_pass$1 -- returns the passphrase referenced by $1
                            ie, default gpg_pass1 returns passphrase for 1st
key
                                default gpg_pass2 returns passphrase for 2nd
key.

The quote marks are around $2 and $3 since some clients embed spaces in the
file names and this script is running on a Linux box.