Re[4]: nonsubscriber posts

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Tue May 14 13:46:01 2002

--=-C2I9r9y1zoxn9kb0SBvY

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 11:30, Lars Hecking wrote:
>=20
> > If not, the mailing list software will still add some bits like
> >=20
> >   Subject: non-member submission
> =20
>  I am strictly against any subject-mangling, no matter for what reasons.

This list seems to be managed with mailman. irrc the standard behaviour
is that the admin gets a mail saying something like 'administrative
request(s) waiting' and the msg in question attached. If the admin
approves the message, the *original* message (still queued in the
mailman system) is forwarded to the list, so the msg on the list is
unchanged. If I understand the discussion right, it's all only about how
the admin gets the notification of pending msgs.

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
I sign e-mail using OpenPGP (rfc2440) compliant software.

--=-C2I9r9y1zoxn9kb0SBvY

--=-C2I9r9y1zoxn9kb0SBvY--