practical compatibility GnuPG/PGP

David T-G davidtg-gnupg@justpickone.org
Wed May 15 18:11:07 2002

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2

Jeroen --

=2E..and then Jeroen Valcke said...
%=20
% On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:27:31PM +0200, Jeroen Valcke wrote:
% > However my mailclient mutt doesn't seem to recognize the message as an
=2E..
%=20
% I just discovered this on the mutt site.
% Q: "People are sending PGP messages which mutt doesn't
%     recognize.  What can I do?"
%=20
%     The new way is to leave headers alone and use mutt's
%     check-traditional-pgp function, which can detect PGP messages at
%     run-time, and adjust content-types.

Right.  Folks used to use procmail to tweak the headers, but that isn't
infallible.

%=20
% But I find no further reference for this 'check-traditional-pgp'
% function. What is it? Where must I specify it?

RTFM, grasshopper :-)

%=20
% Actually just realized this might be off-topic since it is purely a mutt
% thing. Sorry

It is; see my other reply for full details.

%=20
% -Jeroen-

HTH & HAND

%=20
% --=20
% Jeroen Valcke               jeroen@valcke.com  =20

I find it interesting that when I reply to your message it simply puts up
your address, without your full name, and silently drops the gnupg-users
list from the recipients.  What are you doing? :-)  I can't see anything
in your headers that would cause such behavior and I'm confused...

:-D
--=20
(play) davidtg@justpickone.org * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie
(work) davidtgwork@justpickone.org