GnuPG 1.2.1 OMVS problem

steve.weaver@amd.com steve.weaver@amd.com
Fri Nov 22 00:08:02 2002

I'm an MVS Systems Programmer attempting to install and use GnuPG 1.2.1 on the OMVS (IBM mainframe UNIX) platform.  I am a VERY novice sysadmin and am looking for help with a problem. The configure, make, and make install seems to go okay, but when I run gpg all I get are the following messages:

gpg: can't open /dev/zero: EDC5129I No such file or directory.
gpg: can't mmap pool of 16384 bytes: EDC5129I No such file or directory. - using malloc
gpg: Please note that you don't have secure memory on this system

I set the the permissions to 4755 as suggested in the FAQ, with no change.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Steve