GnuPG 1.2.1 OMVS problem

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri Nov 22 13:03:02 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:09:05 -0800, steve weaver said:

> gpg: can't open /dev/zero: EDC5129I No such file or directory.
> gpg: can't mmap pool of 16384 bytes: EDC5129I No such file or directory. - using malloc

Your system does not support anonymous mmapping and because there
exists no device /dev/zero, the usual trick to overcome this can't be
done. /dev/zero is a device which yields an endless stream of binary
zeroes.

Anyway, gpg uses standard malloc as a fallback and so there is no
problem, except for the noisy messages.

> gpg: Please note that you don't have secure memory on this system

> I set the the permissions to 4755 as suggested in the FAQ, with no change.

Don't do this, but add a line "no-secmem-warning" into ~/.gnupg/gpg.cong.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner