GPG Recognizes %Strings% from registry

Ryan Malayter rmalayter@bai.org
Mon Nov 25 19:17:03 2002

From: Gustavo Vasconcelos [mailto:gustavo.hlv@gmx.net]=20
>I wonder if GPG for Win32 is able to read %EnvironmentVariables%=20
>from paths in the registry, like=20
>HKCU\Software\GNU\GnuPG\HomeDir=3D"%ProgramFiles%\GnuPG\Keyrings".

>I tried this already...

Yes, GnuPG can do this. I brought this upin this forum a dew months ago,
and Werner made the changes to GnuPG. In order for this to work, your
registry keys that contain the environment strings need to be of the
type REG_EXPAND_SZ (I think this is only available in REGEDT32.EXE on
Windows NT/2000/XP).

Ryan Malayter
Sr. Network & Database Administrator
Bank Administration Institute
Chicago, Illinois, USA
PGP Key: http://www.malayter.com/pgp-public.txt
There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well
please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take
the consequences.
     - PJ O'Rourke=20