cannot get sylpheed to do encryption

Newton Hammet newton@hammet.net
Fri Oct 11 04:11:02 2002

SEE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS:
(Maybe someone has instructions for compiling gpgme...
I don't have a bin executable of 'gpgme' anywhere,
but have all the libs, etc. again see below):

"Rodney D. Myers" wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:00:02 -0600
> Newton Hammet <newton@hammet.net> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> >    Need some help....
> >
> > I have done the following things already:
> >
> > 1. downloaded sylpheed.0.8.5
> > 2. downloaded and compiled and installed gpgme (latest)
> > 3. compiled and installed sylpheed in the follow manner:
> >
> > cd ~/downloads/sylpheed.0.8.5
> > ./configure --enable-gpgme  # the output says that GPGME is 'enabled'.
> > (=y)
> > make          # no errors
> > make install  # no errors
> >

> > 4. then I run sylpheed from command line and it pops up ok, and I
> > configure
> >   some things, but there are no buttons for encrypting, signing,
> > verifying
> >   or decrypting email.  Am i doing something wrong?  Do i need a later
> >   version of sylpheed?
> >
> > (I already have my public and secret keys on the rings at:
>
> The problem. You installed gpg in /usr/local, while looks in /usr.
>
> Recompile gpg with the --prefix=/usr and that will "fix" the problem

No don't think so ....

this is what is in /usr/bin:

/usr/bin/gpg
/usr/bin/gpg-check
/usr/bin/gpg-encrypt
/usr/bin/gpgkeys_ldap
/usr/bin/gpgkeys_mailto
/usr/bin/gpg-sign
/usr/bin/gpg-sign+encrypt
/usr/bin/gpgsplit
/usr/bin/gpgv
/usr/bin/gpgverify

AND ( 'grep -i gpgm M*' run at the head of the sylpheed source tree ):

Makefile:GPGME_CFLAGS = -I/usr/local/include
Makefile:GPGME_CONFIG = /usr/local/bin/gpgme-config
Makefile:GPGME_LIBS = -L/usr/local/lib -lgpgme
Makefile.in:GPGME_CFLAGS = @GPGME_CFLAGS@
Makefile.in:GPGME_CONFIG = @GPGME_CONFIG@
Makefile.in:GPGME_LIBS = @GPGME_LIBS@

/usr/local/include: