problems to sign emails

Ingo Klöcker ingo.kloecker@epost.de
Fri Apr 25 21:02:42 2003

--Boundary-02=_oOYq+9hNPR3buu4

On Friday 25 April 2003 10:11, Dirk Fettke wrote:
> my problem is, that i can't sign any emails i want to send. i'm using
> kmail with suse 8.2. if i klick on "send", i get an error-message
> called that i have given a wrong password. if i klick on "try again"
> the error comes again immediatelly. i can't type in any password.
> when i edit my gpg-key and type in no password, then the signing of
> emails works. only if i typeing a password in the gpg-key, then it
> won't working. what's the problem, or what i doing wrong?

Most likely you don't use gpg-agent but you have the line "use-agent" in=20
your ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf. Removing this line will fix your problem. With=20
KMail 1.5.2 this problem won't occur anymore.

BTW, this bug is already documented in the SuSE support database=20
(www.suse.de, search for "kmail").

Regards,
Ingo