FW: Gnupg: Can't handle text lines longer than 19995 characters

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed Aug 27 09:07:01 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:54:26 -0400, Naik, Sachin (Global Repo Systems) said:

> My file is around 4 MB in size.When I encrypt it we just get the size of the encrypted file as 16 KB. GPG does not throw an error as to it was not able to encrypt the entire file. Any ideas on how to
> get the GPG to work for large file sizes.

Don't use clearsigning (--clearsign) or textmode (-t, --textmode) on
binary files.  GPG works with files of any size as long as they are
supported by the OS.  Textmode is just for pure human readable text
and not in general useful.

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk@gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com