GPG problem Urgent please

Brian V Bonini b-bonini at cox.net
Mon Dec 22 10:29:31 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 13:43, hozefa_bambora8 at non.agilent.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am facing a problem with gpg. i want to decrypt a file and i want all the decryption information to be incorporated in gpg command itself. i have this requirement because i need to use it in shell script
>
> if i give command
> gpg --decrypt a.gpg     It ask me for passpharase on command promt
>
> but i want to use this command in the shell so i need to provide the passphrase along with the command so i tried this
>
> gpg --decrypt a.pgp  --passphrase-fd 'my passpharase'
>

> but this dont work
> can anyone please help me out solving this

Hmmm, why bother encrypting the data in the fist place? By automating
the decryption you essentially render the security useless and anyone
who gains access to the script can run and decrypt your data.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you want to do.

--
Brian
GnuPG // KeyID: 0x04A4F0DC | Key Server: pgp.mit.edu