gnupg and subkeys

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Wed Jan 8 15:05:02 2003

--=-iLT/grjro4Nww2N/Jd8y

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 22:09, Werner Koch wrote:
> On 07 Jan 2003 21:03:58 +0100, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder said:

> >  * secret key merging: I'd consider this one a bug and not just a ui
> > inconvenience:
> > where testuser.c is the crippled and testuser.s the full secret key.
>=20
> I don't understand this.

When I have two secret keys differing in the subkeys (or in the presence
of the primary), gpg can't import both secret keys to produce one merged
secret key. After the first secret key import, it will always say
something along the lines of 'secret key already present'. HTH.

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
this email is protected by a digital signature: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg