German: Deutsche Übersetzung von einigen Begriffen

malsyned@dennisx.cif.rochester.edu malsyned@dennisx.cif.rochester.edu
Tue Jun 17 01:15:03 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Ingo [iso-8859-1] Klöcker wrote:
> Well, at least I'm neither using a words nor a phrase. So neither
> password nor passphrase fit. What about "Passzeichenkette"
> (pass-string)? ;-)

Something that programmers occasionally forget is that non-programmers are
not familiar with this usage of the term "string."  In English, anyway.
Is the situation different in German?  Is the lay German-speaker familiar
with using "string" to mean a finite, ordered sequence of symbols, esp.
characters?

--Dennis Lambe