German: Deutsche Übersetzung von einigen Begriffen

Ingo Klöcker ingo.kloecker@epost.de
Tue Jun 17 01:40:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_cSl7+J4Z+nin8+b

On Tuesday 17 June 2003 01:19, malsyned@dennisx.cif.rochester.edu wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Ingo [iso-8859-1] Kl=F6cker wrote:
> > Well, at least I'm neither using a words nor a phrase. So neither
> > password nor passphrase fit. What about "Passzeichenkette"
> > (pass-string)? ;-)
>
> Something that programmers occasionally forget is that
> non-programmers are not familiar with this usage of the term
> "string."  In English, anyway. Is the situation different in German?=20
> Is the lay German-speaker familiar with using "string" to mean a
> finite, ordered sequence of symbols, esp. characters?

Maybe you missed the ;-). Of course my proposal wasn't serious.

BTW, a finite, ordered sequence of symbols is called a "word" in maths.=20
So in the mathematical sense "password" could be considered as the=20
correct term. It's just that probably nobody understands "password" in=20
this sense.

Regards,
Ingo

--Boundary-02=_cSl7+J4Z+nin8+b