Email Clients and propagation of malicious code

Ben Finney bignose@zip.com.au
Mon Jun 30 05:42:22 2003

--poJSiGMzRSvrLGLs

On 28-Jun-2003, Subba Rao wrote:
> I have Windows98 on one of my desktops. There are a bunch of Email
> clients out there now.  Outlook stands out the best, since you can
> have calender and tasks list etc.

Outlook stands out as the *worst*, since it has many "features" that
allow the propagation of malicious code (viruses or worms).

Please choose a mail client that *doesn't* allow people to run arbitrary
programs on your computer simply by sending you an email.

Mozilla Mail is a good choice, but there are many others.

--=20
 \      "This sentence contradicts itself -- no actually it doesn't."  |
  `\                                             -- Douglas Hofstadter |
bignose@zip.com.au  F'print 9CFE12B0 791A4267 887F520C B7AC2E51 BD41714B

--poJSiGMzRSvrLGLs

--poJSiGMzRSvrLGLs--