I have no idea about "IDEA."

none none throw_away_2002@yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 18:08:02 2003

--- Todd <Freedom_Lover@pobox.com> wrote:
> I've had a few pints so I could be way off base here,
> but it's possible that your key has IDEA listed in
> the preferences.  So the folks encrypting to you are
> only following the instructions your key is giving them.

Not possible. The key has no preferences (which I verified
with the command you suggested), since PGP 2.6.2 created it.

--- Johan Wevers <johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> What's your problem with using the IDEA plugin? I have
> IDEA selected as algorithm of first choice to use, as a
> matter of thrust in the algorithm.

Legal problems for one thing. From what I know, Ascom-Tech
AG does not allow commercial use of IDEA without purchasing
a license (I don't think I can buy a license for a Linux
version anyway :) ). Regardless, several good unencumbered
alternatives exist.