Gnupg and hushmail

vedaal@hush.com vedaal@hush.com
Thu Mar 20 00:52:01 2003

>Message: 3
>Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:14:17 +1000
>From: Elf Spice <elfspice@eml.cc>
>To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org, enigmail@mozdev.org
>Subject: dang
>
>I checked my hushmail (perfectlyprivate) account, and sadly, it
>won't
>decrypt it.
>
>#$@#$@%!!!
>
>so the tweak means nothing.
>
>I'll email hushmail about this problem
..

hushmail has two very good uses:

[1] allowing encryption and verification of messages to people who do
not yet want to learn how to use gnupg or pgp,
but recognize the value of encryption and verification, as long as it
is a one time process (initiating the account and importing other hushmail
member keys)

people who use it for this function eventually learn that most people
using encryption don't use hushmail, and then consider going ahead with

a 'real' encryption program.

[2] privacy in terms of untraceability, but much faster than remailers

people who use it for this reason {like me},
but are perfectly happy to use gnupg ar pgp for the encryption and verification,

can easily use hushmail,
by just using hushmail as the e-mail carrier,
and checking the box in the upper right hand corner of the hushmail e-
mail viewer, that says: 'show actual message'

all gnupg, pgp, and pgp2.x encrypted messages easily decrypt when the
raw form is displayed, and there is no difference if mdc is used or not
used

hth,

vedaal

Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program: