Getting started with signatures.

Thomas Sjögren thomas@northernsecurity.net
Sun May 11 10:56:03 2003

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 10:40:41PM -0400, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> - Upload my public key to keyservers so my signatures can be verified.

gpg --keyserver [keyserver] --send-key [your key id]

> - Get other people's public keys so I can verify their signatures.

gpg --keyserver [keyserver]  --recv-keys [other ppl key id]

> If anyone is using Mutt, perhaps I could get some Mutt-specific help:
> It looks like Mutt is not even trying to verify any of the signed messages other
> than my own.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

well, gpg is only capable of verifying signatures if you have the public
key of the person.

try using
--keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve
in you gpg.conf

man gpg:
  auto-key-retrieve
     This option enables the automatic retrieving of keys from a
     keyserver  when verifying  signatures made by keys that are
     not on the local keyring.

/Thomas
--
== thomas@northernsecurity.net