[Q] Sending a key to a keyserver

Michael Nahrath gnupg-users@nahrath.de
Wed May 14 01:36:02 2003

--------------enigD310090E2F3CC51A4B2841E6

David Shaw wrote:

>>OTOH all GPG applications default to the HKP network and GPG can't even
>>fully access the LDAP keyservers.

> Says who? ;)
>
> gpg --keyserver ldap://keyserver.pgp.com --recv-keys 99242560

[michi@localhost]~$ gpg --keyserver ldap://keyserver.pgp.com --send-keys
99242560
gpgkeys: error adding key 99242560 to keyserver: Already exists
gpg: keyserver internal error

Currently I don't have a key to change, but next time I have to signe a key
I'll try to check if tis is simply an errouros error-message.

>>How do you feel:
>>* Do they intend to make communicaton harder for GPG users intentionally?
>>* May there be valid technical reasons to not want the syncronisation?
>>* Do they underestimate the value of a well working keyserver network?
>>* Don't the right people within PGP.com know about the problem?

> I don't think the pgp.com folks are intentionally causing problems
> with the rest of the world.  It's far more likely they are just very
> busy starting a new company and the keyserver is not a very high
> priority.

Should we try to intervene to make them rewrap priorities?

Gives me plenty of trouble, since I made a friend change from PGP to GPG and
 now he can't find his other PGP using friends any more ...

Greeting, Michi