Question to german users/ Frage an deutsche Benutzer

Ingo Klöcker ingo.kloecker@epost.de
Tue May 27 00:01:01 2003

--Boundary-02=_vCn0+MMnJvhV+OF

On Thursday 22 May 2003 21:06, Stephan Stapel wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> this question only concerns german users, so I'm writing in german, I
> hope that's ok.

No, it's not okay. This question concerns at least all members of the=20
EU.

> Ich habe zwei Fragen bezueglich der Nutzung in Deutschland. Die erste
> Frage ist, welche Instanzen Schluessel signieren, d.h. rechtlich
> eindeutig gueltig machen. Auf der CeBit gibt es/ gab es ja ab und an
> solche Aktionen, aber wie erfolgt diese Prozedur waehrend des
> restlichen Jahres?

You are probably thinking about the c't magazine. But OpenPGP keys don't=20
have any legal relevance regardless of the institution that signed=20
them.

> Die zweite Frage bezieht sich auf die Rechtsgueltigkeit von
> GnuPG-Schluesseln. Fuer das Finanzamt muss gewisser Datenverkehr
> signiert werden, um den Ursprung und die Gueltigkeit der empfangenen
> Daten zu gewaehrleisten.

AFAIK signing the stuff you sent them isn't necessary.

> Hier kamen Bedenken, ob seitens der=20
> Behoerden hier weitere Anforderungen gestellt wuerden, d.h. auch noch
> vorgeschrieben wird, welche Werkzeuge nutzbar sind bzw. ausscheiden.
> Ist dem so, und wenn ja, darf man GnuPG verwenden?

No, you can't use OpenPGP keys (yet). OpenPGP doesn't fulfill the=20
requirements for a qualified certificate AFAIK. (One reason is that=20
there is no centralized PKI for OpenPGP.) Currently only S/MIME keys on=20
smartcards which are issued by two or three companies in Germany=20
fulfill these requirements.

I'm pretty sure that you can find more information about qualified=20
certificates on the homepage of the BSI.

Regards,
Ingo

--Boundary-02=_vCn0+MMnJvhV+OF

--Boundary-02=_vCn0+MMnJvhV+OF--