Problems Installing GnuPG

Adam Pavelec apavelec at benefit-services.com
Fri Oct 10 00:19:36 CEST 2003

On Thursday, October 09, 2003 10:42 PM [GMT-5=EST], John Clizbe
<JPClizbe at comcast.net> wrote:

> No, you are "correct". The registry entries are /only necessary/ when
> GnuPG is located somewhere *other* than C:\GnuPG.

[SNIP]

> You pick your threat model and security measures - you should also
> appropriately pick your GnuPG installation directories.

Ture...  Indeed...  Then again, there are some helper apps that use GPG
which expect to see these Registry entries, even if the GPG directory is
located in the root of C:\ -- WinPT Tray/WinPT OE come to mind...

Personally, I've always used C:\GnuPG and, to make things ultra-simple,
placed a copy of gpg.exe in %windir%

To each his own, right?!?

-Adam