Outlook express messes up when it receives gpg-signed mail?

Thomas White taw27@cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 12 16:36:01 2003

--=.p(Tv1Nz4jbhqoc

Ben Finney <ben@benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> On 03-Sep-2003, Chris Niekel wrote:
>
> > When I sent an unsigned message, the text gets displayed, but when I
> > send a signed message, see sees an empty body, with two attachments.
>
> The mail is sent as a MIME "multipart/signed" message, which is a
> valid MIME message type.  The message body is "Content-Type:
> text/plain" and the signature is "Content-Type:
> application/pgp-signature".
>
> Every part of this is "Content-Disposition: inline", signalling that
> the content, if understood, should be shown inline (not as an
> attachment).

I notice that Sylpheed does not declare the overall "multipart/signed"
component as "inline", only the "text/plain" part.  Is this incorrect
behaviour?  Does this cause any problems that would not have existed had
the additional Inline declaration been there?

Tom

--

Thomas White
Downing College

GPG: D8834197
9749 7C8A 037D F867 9F38 F7C0 2314 8F97 D883 4197

--=.p(Tv1Nz4jbhqoc

--=.p(Tv1Nz4jbhqoc--