Outlook express messes up when it receives gpg-signed mail?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sun Sep 14 19:18:02 2003

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:37:18 +0100, Thomas White said:

> I notice that Sylpheed does not declare the overall "multipart/signed"
> component as "inline", only the "text/plain" part.  Is this incorrect
> behaviour?  Does this cause any problems that would not have existed had

Yes, becuase it can't know whether the next part is actually suitable
for inlining:

   The multipart/signed body MUST consist of exactly two parts.  The
   first part contains the signed data in MIME canonical format,
   including a set of appropriate content headers describing the data.

The first part itself may be an image, audio, multipart/encrypted or
even multipart/signed again.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk@gnupg.org>