10x compression factor

Steve Butler sbutler at fchn.com
Tue Feb 10 11:15:48 CET 2004

Yes, David just presented the numbers.  And folks wonder why the software
doesn't compress _after_ encryption <<sigh>>.

As for novels, some I've (started to) read seemed a lot more repetitive than
technical specs.  Perhaps checking the compression ratio should be part of
the test for good novels. --tongue in cheek--