MUA questions

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 10 22:38:32 CET 2004

Ingo [Kl_cker] wrote:

My system displays the character after the "[Kl" as an underscore - is
that supposed to be, or is this one of the 8-bit translation errors I'm
talking about?

>Did you notice that you contradict yourself? In the first paragraph you
>complain that the message size grows significantly. And in the third
>paragraph you propose to use \alpha which is significantly larger than
>alpha in a Greek charset or even in Unicode.

Yes, but assuming those characters are not very often used an encoding
scheme where the charecters that are most often used use less bits than
those that are rarer is more efficient.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html