Removing signature from signed file

Jens Kubieziel gnupg at kubieziel.de
Sun Jan 11 12:55:09 CET 2004

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 12:24:30AM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Saturday 10 Jan 2004 9:27 pm, Jens Kubieziel wrote:
> > assume I signed a file with "gpg --sign file.tar.bz2". Now there is a
> > signed file file.at.bz2.gpg. Is there a way to remove the inline
> > signature from this file? (I know that detached signatures are the better
>
> I've just tried this out on a copy of a tar.gz file - using -s or --sign
> you'll find that the original file is left intact and unaffected.

OK, then assume that I delete the original file. ;-)

> Was there a real situation behind the assumption in the question?

Nope, I was just playing around and saw or better assumed that there is
no way to remove the signature. However I didn't tried the easiest way
that Dave suggested.

--
Jens Kubieziel                                   http://www.kubieziel.de
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.